CAPABILITY STATEMENT – LABOUR CO
Labour Co is a not-for-profit, self-funded, co-operative with a proud history in providing casual labour hire and recruitment services. Founded on 7 April 1986 (as Hunter Labour Co-op) Labour Co has grown to be a supplier of choice in the labour hire market. Through our evolution Labour Co now supplies to professional and white collar businesses whilst maintaining a strong position in supply of labour to blue collar industries.
OUR VALUES (TEAM)
Teamwork: Accountability, Open Communication, Cooperation
Excellence: Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Customer Service
Adaptability: Flexible, Pro-active, Initiative
Mutual Respect: Trust, Fairness, Inclusiveness
To be the first choice provider of Labour services in the areas that we operate in.
- Provide ‘best fit’ candidates to service our client’s requirements.
- Provide short term employment to people while enhancing their employment opportunities to gain full time employment;
- Employ and provide the services of skilled and other workers to industry and commerce including contract work on a short term basis;
- To foster and support the co-operative movement as a whole; and
- To promote community advancement and/or assist charitable causes in need.
- Full client consultation to understand their unique requirements
- Pre-Employment Health and Functional Assessment including Drug & Alcohol screening and Audiometric Assessments
- Worker Compensation Insurance & Liability
- We are available on-call 24/7, for out-of-hours labour placement/recruitment;
- We provide a ‘best fit’ match between our employees’ experience and Client needs.
- We supply a temporary workforce to meet your peak production requirements;
- We manage payroll and associated payments; and
- We charge NO PLACEMENT FEE for permanent placement of temporary workers after three months of continuous, full-time temporary (casual) labour hire.
OUR RESOURCES & PROCESSES
We have worked to continuously improve the model that Labour Co was founded on when it first commenced. This model works to help up-skill people and get them into full-time employment, while treating them with dignity and respect. In the past calendar year we have helped over 300 people in this way.
Labour Co has developed a number of leading edge web-based (Virtual Private Network) systems which contribute to our successful management of labour hire services throughout the NSW Region, and allows electronic and remote management of all support services including Quality Assurance, Human Resources, WH&S, Time Sheeting, Cost Reporting, and Management Reporting. These systems are utilised to provide a consistent level of service to our clients.
Work Health & Safety (WHS)
Labour Co is ISO 9001:2008 accredited. Our WHS system is designed to minimise risk to our clients by ensuring supplied labour meets the skill and physical requirements of the job. Labour Co supervises all employees by way of a rigorous recruitment process, regular toolbox talks, and site visits to conduct site inspections and inductions. A close looped management system is in place to ensure all accidents or issues are addressed and controls are in place.
All Labour Co employees supplied to our clients undergo a complete and tailored Pre Employment Health / Functional assessment and Drug Screening process prior to beginning work to ensure they are physically capable of meeting the demands of the job.
Labour Co’s Workhab accredited functional assessors ensure that functional assessments are based on the task analysis of the client’s particular job.
Our WH&S System includes the following:
- Online inductions that are WH&S Act (2011 compliant). Features include; risk assessment and hazard identification training tailored to your industry;
- Pre-employment medicals including functional assessments based on task analyses of your positions;
- Site visits on a regular basis;
- Site safety inspections;
- Toolbox talks conducted by Labour Co’s representatives during site visits;
- Workers Compensation insurance;
- Accident investigations carried out on site;
- Injury management incorporating return to work plans;
- Drug and Alcohol testing; and
- Labour Co provides the following PPE to all employees as a minimum: wide brimmed hat/hard hats as required, sun screen with mosquito repellent, safety sun glasses, hi visibility long sleeve micromesh shirts. NB: We require all employees to report for work in steel capped boots.
Service Delivery & Quality Improvement Process
Labour Co maintains an integrated, documented and systematic approach to quality. We have a fully developed Quality Management System supporting service delivery and process improvement based on ISO 9001 – Quality Management System – Requirements.
The scope of our quality management system used at Labour Co covers the recruitment, selection and supply of casual or long term industrial, construction, administration and professional personnel to the private and public business sectors and the provision of a permanent placement service.
Our quality system:
- Ensures processes are efficient, effective and well-understood;
- Collects evidence including output data and feedback;
- Documents processes clearly;
- Ensures feedback from our staff, clients and stakeholders is valued and utilised;
- Benchmarks activities and outcomes against service standards and good practice; and;
- Focuses on outcomes and effectiveness.
Labour Co has a multitude of mechanisms that collects feedback from our staff, clients, and other stakeholders. These mechanisms have been designed to review the results achieved against agreed indicators, contract deliverables etc. The data gathered through these mechanisms are utilised to assess our performance and improve our activities, products and services.
Feedback and information is collected through the following mechanisms:
- Customer complaints, either verbal or in writing;
- Accident and incident trends identified;
- Toolbox talks;
- Corrective and preventative actions;
- Communicating on a regular basis with clients;
- Gaps identified through our risk management process;
- Site inspections;
- Client surveys;
- Post placement follow-up with candidates; and
- Workers compensation reporting.
Our quality management system supports our customer service philosophy which is ‘to provide the highest quality service to our employees and clients at all times.’